It’s been a while since I’ve shared a clay craft. But because of this quarantine, I’ve had more time to go back to clay-making. Here’s a simple tutorial on rainbow earrings that you can teach your kids how to make.
For materials, you will need:
- polymer clay in rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet)
- clay blade
- earring findings
- detail needle
What to Do:
- Roll out your rainbow clay into thin snakes.
- Starting from the violet clay, carefully bend the clay snake into a U-shape.
- Bend the successive colors, following the violet one, until all the colors have been placed.
- Use your clay blade to cut the excess clay.
- Get your detail needle and poke a hole at the topmost color.
- Bake the polymer clay following the instructions on the packaging.
- Attach the earring findings.
There you have it, a simple craft to make with your kids! You can also switch the colors up, using bolder colors, or lighter colors, depending on your mood.
Wash your hands and stay safe!