It’s been a while since I posted a craft project. I’m glad that Halloween is coming. It gave me a good excuse to go through my stash to see what I could cook up for Halloween this year. First, I wanted it to be fairly simple to make. Second, I wanted to use what materials I had. I really didn’t want to buy anything. Third, I wanted it to be cute.
Having gone through my materials and the ideas in my head, I settled on making a Lego block. This is my finished product:
Here are the materials that you will need to make this:
old shoe box, empty tissue paper rolls, brown paper bags (if not available, craft paper), scissors, glue and paint (note: I wasn’t able to paint this yet because I don’t have paint with me–this is the only thing I will buy).
How to do:
- Trace the bottom of the tissue paper roll on the paper bag or craft paper. Cut 8 circles and set aside.
- Cover the shoe box with brown paper or craft paper.
- Cut the tissue paper roll an inch in height.
- Glue the circle on the cut tissue paper roll.
- Arrange on the box as you would a Lego block.
You can attach a ribbon at the back to tie the block to your waist. Cost? Virtually nothing! A very cute, very environment-friendly craft for this holiday. Advanced Happy Halloween to all of you!
P.S. Posting the end result with paint!